Follow My Dreams

Follow My Dreams

Book website address:-
http//:followmydreams.co.uk

this site is being rebuilt Oct '17

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Countdown

It has been a busy period for me as I have decided to self-publish. I can't wait any longer for others to decide. At least when you self-publish: you are in control.

I have instructed my copy editor Ting to start editing the manuscript and the printer Geoff to start on the dust jacket design.

I have put all 34 photographs and 4 diagrams into a separate file, for the printer to check the quality.

I regret spending so much time designing the layout of the book as it will all be changed anyway in the typesetting. The editing will be done chapter by chapter so I could have kept these separate as well and the files would be easier to email. 

'We Transfer'  is an excellent service (free) for sending large files - thanks Ian.

My tasks will be to complete the appendices i.e. the Index and the references and the glossary and acronyms  - the page numbers will be inserted at a later date when known after the final proof is ready.

My printer does not like footnotes and I have loads of these but I hate going to the back and searching for the note when I read a book, so I shall be firm on this.

I am going to have 300 numbered, signed, hard-backed copies printed and these can be ordered in advance for a special price - see website for more details at http://followmydreams.co.uk

As was pointed out to me: most of Arthur's contemporaries are quite old now, if still alive, but I am hoping that Tony Benn, who has been unwell, might manage to read the relevant chapter 5 and make some comments. There is a lovely story about a trade mission to Russia when Arthur accompanied Tony Benn and others.

That's all for now!


No comments: