Follow My Dreams

Follow My Dreams

Book website address:-
http//:followmydreams.co.uk

this site is being rebuilt Oct '17

Thursday 18 July 2013

Checklist for my biography manuscript.

INDEX
I will need to compile an index of key people, places and topics when I know the exact page layout, but I can get started on this because whatever publishing option I choose, I will have to pay for or self-compile the INDEX.

ISBN number
Soon, I need to think about whether to obtain and ISBN number; in fact I will have to buy a block of 10 from Nielson. Info readily obtainable on the web.

I will also need to get a barcode sorted for the price and ISBN details which I can do when I know what route to take. A sticky label will be a good flexible choice for the pricing info.

COVER DESIGN
I will need to have a cover design done professionally again based on the choice of binding and dimensions of the final book. I intend to have the first print run as hard cover of at least 300 copies.
The printer has offered a print designer but I think this is the one aspect that you must be happy with and in control. I have some ideas for the cover but if anyone reading this has any ideas or knows a good designer - not too expensive in the £500-£1000 range I would be interested in a contact email. Linked to the cover design I will need a few posters and flyers for book launches.

ADVANCE ORDERS
I am compiling a list of everyone who has said they would like a copy when my book is finished and I am approaching independents bookshops who might be interested in selling and promoting my book and other likely venues such as Duxford Airfield. I have set up my website http://followmydreams.co.uk with this in mind to encourage visitors to sign up for a copy on line. I do not know the pricing but am guessing it will be in the region of £25 per copy.

Keep reading and if you have comments or ideas please join in my blog.




No comments: