Follow My Dreams

Follow My Dreams

Book website address:-
http//:followmydreams.co.uk

this site is being rebuilt Oct '17

Thursday 18 July 2013

Believe in yourself.

I recently went to a great book event called 'Way With Words' down in Devon at a place called Dartington Hall. It was very well organised. A three week event I dipped into for two days and listened to about a dozen excellent speakers who had written biographies, or novels, and I learned a lot. I also met some very interesting people in the audiences many of whom where attending this event for the 19th year. One comment really set me thinking "who is going to read your book?" Incidentally a good tip for authors, as they really look after you at Dartington.www.wayswithwords.co.uk

Returning mentally invigorated I know have reached a bit of a down period except that I was delighted that Tony Benn has agreed to read the Chapter about Mintech in which he features as my Dad worked with him and went to Russia on a trade mission.

So I need to pep myself up and I am reminded of something my Dad once wrote to me when he was encouraging me to persevere "The easy way has not been my way nor will it be yours".

For a girl born on a Saturday I know I have to work hard for my living!

So to all you writers out there: keep persevering.

No comments: