Follow My Dreams

Follow My Dreams

Book website address:-
http//:followmydreams.co.uk

this site is being rebuilt Oct '17

Thursday 17 October 2013

Copy editing in progress

Hello again.
I am now ploughing through the suggestions from my copy editor who has completed the first two chapters.

I had no idea how much details would be involved: commas, speech marks, spellings and my bĂȘte noir of when to use 'that' and 'which'. Also being consistent with names so the reader knows who you are talking about.

Having completed the exercise of researching and writing the book I thought I was on the home straight to getting published. Sometimes I think the book will never be finished.

It would be so lovely if I received some encouraging comments from the internet out there but I shall keep ploughing on in my lonely furrow. I did receive a very nice email from a publisher who wanted to publish the book for a fee and she was very kind and said it was worthy of publication and wished me
luck. No doubt she thought I was mad or brave to go it alone.

As Autumn evenings arrive it feels as if there is never enough time to do everything in a day. Then I am reminded what a dear friend and neighbour used to say. 'Everyone has the same amount of time it depends how you use it'.

I shall need to have my eyes checked after all this tracking changes on the screen.

That's all for today
Miranda

No comments: