Follow My Dreams

Follow My Dreams

Book website address:-
http//:followmydreams.co.uk

this site is being rebuilt Oct '17

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Hello my name is Miranda.
I am writing this blog to share with all budding writers my new venture into writing a book.

I never intended to write this book!

My father was writing up his memoirs when he finally retired aged 80+ and he ran out of time before he finished the task. As he had asked me to help with searching for some of his old files, from Bomber Command post war days, at the National Archives in Kew, I grew interested in what my father had done through the WW2 developing airborne radar and indeed what had he done all his life.
By the time he died in 2006 I knew how he intended to compose his story, he had mapped out the heading and started to make notes for all the chapters.

It has taken me seven years to go through all his voluminous archives: papers  letters, notebooks, diaries and mementos. I have now succeeded in writing his story which turned out to be a fascinating account of his life and times and is what everyone likes to read; an extraordinary account of an ordinary man.
He does spill some beans as one of his old colleagues hoped he would and I learnt so much more about the man who was my father.

Check out the Book website on http://followmydreams.co.uk

No comments: